- Prep Time:20 mins
- Cook Time:N/A
If the way to a person’s heart is through their stomach, this is the recipe that will take you there. The tartness of the lemon cuts through the sweetness of the mixture for an unbelievable treat. The lucky recipient of this slice will be so swept up in the deliciousness they’ll never even know there’s a vegie inside!
Original recipe by EDGELL | 27.1.16
+1 1 CAN (300g) EDGELL CHICK PEAS
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 125g unsalted butter
- 250g packet milk arrowroot biscuits, finely crushed
- Finely grated zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 2½ cups icing sugar mixture (or more, depending on desired thickness)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut, extra
Line the base and two long sides of an 18cm x 28cm slice pan with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over long sides.
Combine condensed milk and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 2 minutes or until butter has melted. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Add crushed biscuits and coconut.
ADD DRAINED, RINSED AND LIGHTLY CRUSHED EDGELL CHICK PEAS.
Press mixture firmly into pan and refrigerate, covered, for 20 minutes or until set.
Meanwhile, make lemon icing by stirring icing sugar, lemon juice and butter in small bowl until smooth.
Spread mixture over slice. Sprinkle with extra coconut and refrigerate until firm before cutting into 24 squares.
Substitute lime for lemon.